Blueberries are so been really popular lately and no wonder why. These wonder berries have exceptional benefits, for most its one word, antioxidant. This recipe isn't just delicious. It is also fricking healthy.
250g (9 oz.) white chocolate-chopped into very small pieces
5 Tablespoons unsalted butter-softened
3 Tablespoons heavy cream
35g (1.2 oz.) freeze dried blueberries- powdered (pulse FREEZE DRIED blueberries in a food processor or coffee grinder to make the powder)
0.5dl (¼) cup powdered sugar
- In a small sauce pan simmer heavy cream. Remove from heat, add softened butter and stir until butter is completely melted and combined with heavy cream. Add powdered dried blueberries and stir to combine. Set aside.
2. Over a double boiler melt chopped white chocolate, stirring casually until smooth and completely melted. DO NOT heat above 40 C (105 F) (if touched with your finger, it will feel about the same temperature as your body).
3. Gently stir in lukewarm blueberry mixture into melted chocolate. It should be approximately the same temperature as melted chocolate when you combine them.
4. Cool to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm enough to roll the balls (2-3 hours or overnight). While it’s cooling take it from the fridge and stir with a fork to prevent the fat separate on top. Cover with plastic wrap and place back into the fridge.
5. Scoop out the mixture and roll into 1 inch balls. Clean your hands with paper towel after each truffle if the mixture stick too much or you can dust your hands with powdered sugar.
6.Roll each truffle into powdered sugar to coat them well. Store in the fridge in airtight container up to 1 week or freeze for longer storage